Beach Skincare Is More Than Just Suntan Lotion
Natural beach skincare centers on a comprehensive approach
Beach skincare is practiced arduously by the women in our group. A beautiful suntan is enhanced with exercise, diet, and natural homemade skincare products. However, there is a bit more to maintaining nice skin at the beach than just spraying on some sunscreen.
If you are planning a Florida beach vacation and can't wait to get here with a few books on your reading list, and languish in the sun while you turn an envious bronze, please read on.
The women in our group all have deep, tropical, even tans...yet their skin remains soft and baby-like. ("Sun Care" is at a premium when you spend most of your waking hours outdoors.)
Many times, we see women on the beach whose skin looks like an old cowboy boot, and know it could have been much different for them.
Certainly, like everything in Life, your DNA plays a big part in how your skin reacts to seawater, sand, and the Florida sunshine...but you can do much to positively benefit it.
Having nice skin takes some focus and effort. You can have it too by following a few tips...and integrating them into your normal life. healthy skincare must be a conscious commitment.
Beach skincare begins at home and ends at home
The reason women on the beach say this is because maintaining youthful skin and preventing wrinkles revolves around a comprehensive approach, actually a lifestyle, of natural skin care.
* Following a positive nutritional plan is paramount. Get sugar foods and processed foods out of your life. They are as harmful to your overall health as they are to your skin. Fresh fruits and leafy green vegetables supercharge the nutrients for skin vitality. Anti-aging skincare starts from the inside.
* Drink more water. Yes, I know you have heard this before, but for some reason, women seems to dismiss it as a bother. Water aides skin elasticity and cell rejuvenation. You need to work up to drinking at least a gallon each day. MORE when you are in the sun.
* Engage in a regular and consistent fitness program that includes weight training and strong cardio. The more your body is challenged physically on a daily basis, the better your healthy cell production. Cell rejuvenation and beach skincare go hand-in-hand.
* More is NOT better. Believe it or not, women with beautiful tanned skin here on the laid-back Florida Gulf Beaches do NOT spend extended time in the sun. They may be at the beach for several hours, but they are out in the sun in 15-20 minute dosages.
* Use natural skin moisturizers. The women on our beach make homemade skincare products in their kitchens. They do NOT rely on commercial anti-aging creams. Yes, it takes a bit of time, but it is well worth it.
* Don't forget about "forgotten areas" of your body. Make sure you apply sunscreen to your ears, hands, and the part in your hair.
* Beach skincare doesn't end with your tan lines. Visitors feet can take a beating on renourished beaches (where the sand has been pumped from the ocean and spread on the beach.) Natural organic cream for your feet prevents aging skin just like natural homemade face cream.
* Hats and willowy cover-ups are part of a woman's beach attire. Natural skincare means getting a suntan, not a sunburn.
Learn more about the recipes for natural skincare used by the women in our group to achieve soft, elastic skin and prevent wrinkles.
You can go home with a beautiful tan and keep your skin healthy by following some simple beach skincare tips.