How To Become A Travel Writer
Becoming a travel writer online - Start your own home business
How to become a travel writer? This is a question I asked myself. I answered it by starting an online home business. I write what I want and I writeoff my expenses.
It's been kept alive through rejections and even zero correspondence from publications where we've submitted ideas and articles on speculation.
How many times have you read an inferior article in your favorite magazine or even your hometown paper and said to yourself, "How did this make it into print? I could have done that article a lot better"?
However, it seems like travel writers and their editors have their own little kingdom...and they don't want to let others in.
I finally got fed up and decided I'd start various websites about places I was interested in, write what I want, and see what happens.
You can become an online travel writer
Instead of wondering how to become a travel writer, I asked myself if I could either acquire or improve these skills:
* Write coherent Anglo-Saxon words in a sentence.
* Pick places in my area that visitors would enjoy seeing.
* Write about positive experiences.
* Stick to the basics of "who, what, when, where."
* Take decent digital photos and incorporate them in my writing.
* Learn how to create a website.
* Learn how to drive traffic to my sites.
* Learn how to monetize my sites so that I'm constantly earning money.
The Internet has leveled the playing field
You can make yourself nuts wondering how to become a travel writer and break into print. What I found out was that I could learn how to start an online business instead...and it has made a world of difference.
* I go where I want, when I want. I'm not being sent to a place that holds no interest for me.
* I take pictures of what I want to. I'm not under the thumb of some photo editor.
* I stay where I want and I write off my expenses. The tax deductions for a home business are far better than any stimulus plan imaginable.
* I monetize my sites how I want. Instead of getting paid for one article once...one webpage will pay me until I die.
If I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT. I was fortunate to learn how to establish a travel site about the the Florida beaches through SiteSell/Solo Build It!.
It makes a difference everyday in my wallet.