Beach Interval Workouts Accelerate Fat Loss
Running in sand intensifies your interval training
Beach interval workouts are a great way to burn belly fat. Running in sand on the Florida beach increases the intensity for fat loss. You will definitely get lean and lose male belly fat with interval training.
The benefits of using intervals are huge. You can burn more calories in less time, you can train at a higher heart rate, you can increase stroke volume over time, and you can ramp up intensity for short bursts even on days when you do not feel like working out.
Interval training on the beach is much tougher than repeats done on a forest trail or a high school track.
The biggest difference you will notice is that you must work much harder to go less fast and less farther when running in sand.
You get very little traction, even if you are running on a renourished beach, which is much more compact than the normal sugary white Florida beach sand.
Be sensible about beach interval workouts
You must adhere to sensible practices during your fat loss workouts.
* Keep your intervals MUCH shorter than what you normally run on your regular course.
* If you normally run 200m to 400m intervals, consider cutting those distances in half, to start.
* Heat and humidity are factors on the Florida beach, even when you run early or right at sundown.
* Wear sunscreen and ALWAYS make sure you bring a large container of water to drink.
* I always try to run on renourished beach or below the tide line. Running in sand that is sugary white has too many uneven surfaces for me. I'm afraid of injuries.
* Although I have friends who swear by running barefoot, I ALWAYS wear running shoes. I'm afraid of stepping on a pop-top, fish hook, or a piece of broken beer bottle.
* When you run an interval workout, stay out of the surf. It may look heroic when you see elite military units doing it in the movies...but in real life, it messes up your shoes and the potential for injury a greatly increased.
A sample beach interval workout to burn belly fat
Interval training is the best type of cardio to burn male belly fat.
You can combine bursts of running in sand with some push-ups on the beach to increase the intensity. This is what we do. We drink water after each run segment.
* 5 minutes easy jog warm-up on rigid sand.
* Easy stretching, especially hamstrings and Achilles.
* 10 S-L-O-W push-ups.
* 5 minutes - straight line alternating 20-second burst with 40-second walk.
* 10 regular push-ups.
* 5 minutes return in straight line alternating 30-second burst with 45 second walk.
* 10 regular push-ups
* 800 meter straight line run alternating 10-second bursts with however much jogging to recover that you need.
* 10 S-L-O-W push-ups
* Easy walk/jog back to start. Stretch a bit when we get back. Float around in the Gulf, then shower off at one of the public facilities.
We do these twice a week...and each one is different...except for the push-ups. Sometimes we'll run in the sugar sand near the pull-ups bars, but I personally do not like my knees, hips, and ankles all going different directions when I am trying to sprint.
* Before you engage in any beach interval training, talk to your physician and tell him your plan. Make sure you are good to go. Always be sensible.